The registration of a company in Cyprus is an extremely easy process. More than 200,000 off-shore companies are currently registered in Cyprus.
Required time for registration
It is particularly difficult to define in advance the exact time required for a company’s registration, as it depends on:
- The company’s nature of activities
- The distribution of its share capital
- Its application priority
Usually the registration requires approximately 14 days.
The process consists of the following stages
- Submission of the company’s name to the Department of Registrar of Companies and Official Receiver. The approval of the name takes 6 days on average.
- After the approval of the name, an additional 8 days are required for the completion of the registration.
- All the companies in Cyprus are required for their registration to have a director (natural or legal entity) and a secretary (natural person). Their profession and whether they are directors in other companies should be clearly defined.
In case the share-holders of the company are natural entities, required documents are:
- Copy of passport
- Utility bill from the electricity authority, telecommunication authority etc.
In case the share-holders of the company are legal entities, required documents are:
- The Articles of Association
- Certificate of the company’s shareholders
- Certificate showing the address of the company
- Certificates and licenses related with the activities of the company can be submitted afterwards.
- All documents should be translated in Greek and English.